A delightful, refreshing pie for 8 persons.
You will need:
- Filo pastry (remove from freezer 1 hour in advance)
- Feta (250 grams)
- Dill - finely chopped
- Red pepper - chopped without the white seeds (or leave them in, if you like it spicy)
- Leek (1 pcs) - finely sliced and browned in some butter until soft
- Spinach (about 500 grams) - wilted and squeezed dry in a clean (tea) towel
- Ei (1) - lightly beaten
- Butter - melted
- Nutmeg - preferably freshly grated
- Pepper and salt
- Sesame seeds, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Grease a baking tin of your choice.
Mix the feta, dill, pepper, leek, spinach and egg. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Line the tin with half of the filo pastry. Coat each sheet with melted butter. Spoon the filling over the pastry and top it of with the remaining filo pastry, tuck it in. If you like, you can sprinkle it with sesame seeds. Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven until the pastry is golden brown.
Variation: Take one filo sheet and spoon some filling on it. Rol it up as a triangle or as a little 'cigar'. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
© Life is a Picnic